A bond is a form of Debt Investment, in which an investor lends money to an entity (typically Corporate or Government) which borrows the funds for a fixed period of time at a variable or a Fixed Interest Rate. Bonds are often used by states and sovereign governments, companies to raise money and finance a various kinds of projects.
Please find below some Bonds which are available on perpetual basis.
Government of India’s Savings Bonds @ 8% per annum
- The Bonds will be issued for a minimum amount of Rs. 1000/- and in multiples of Rs. 1000/- thereof.
- No maximum limit for investment in Bonds.
- Interest on the Bonds will be taxable under the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- The Bonds will be exempt from Wealth -Tax under the Wealth Tax Act, 1957.
- The Bonds will have a maturity period of 6 Years.
- The Bonds will bear interest at the rate of 8% per annum.
- Interest on non- cumulative bonds will be payable at half - yearly intervals
- Interest on cumulative bonds will be compounded half- yearly & paid on maturity along with the Principal.
- The cumulative value of Rs. 1000/- at the end of six years will be Rs. 1601/-
- These Bonds are not transferable.
- The Bonds are neither tradable and nor pledgeable.
- Nomination Facility available.
- Residential Individuals, HUF, Charitable Institutions, Universities & Minor can invest in these bonds.
54 EC Bonds
- These bonds may be used to save tax on any long term capital gains
- Currently 54EC bonds issued are available from NHAI (National Highways Authority Of India) or REC (Rural Electrification Corporation Ltd) and PFC (Power Finance Corporation )
- This deduction is under Section 54EC of the Income Tax Act.
- The maximum limit for these bonds in any financial year is Rs 50 lakh.
- These bonds have a three year term and the rate of interest is 5.25% per annum.
- These bonds can be held under a single name or joint names or a nomination can be done.
- These bonds can be held in physical form or Demat form.
- Any person including NRI (out of NRO account on a non-repatriable basis) and Hindu undivided family (HUF)-- through its Karta, can make investments in these Bonds.
- Safety and security : AAA rated.
To Know more SMS at 9910911169
For any query, please do contact us:
Phone: 011 - 24374121, 24372594, +91 9910911169